Yawn Wider Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Makeshift/Ghetto Items!!!

4 posters

Go down

More Makeshift/Ghetto Items!!! Empty More Makeshift/Ghetto Items!!!

Post by Vuk Farkas Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:20 am

Now since this server is wery peaceful and need for weapons is bare minimal thanks to active admins... I shall be focusing on other items... (please when adding more ideas try to make sure parts are easy to obtain, and preferably renevable)

Potato battery is one of the most unexploited items... its only use is when ya got no fabricated battery, and has 100 units of power (considerin how powerhungry things are on the station, makes this practically useless) not to mention the only known use (at least to me) is for the stun gloves... My suggestion is to expand usage for it! we could grab a light bulb, apply wires onto it, then connect it to the potato battery for a makeshift flashlight/lamp (lightbulbs are the least used ones, unlike the light tubes which ya never have enough).

Sun-Flower, a mutation of the sunflower which glows like a floodlight, but requires a lot of water and nutrients to stay alive (since it produces light it wont have issues in dark areas). Provides light as long as its planted and full grown! Produce of this plant, when harvested stops making light, but can be used as an improvised lightbulb! (we could add lumenium chemical to it which is basically a glowing liquid, which could be poured into containers and would glow like a glowstick, however glow would weaken with passing time until it stops...shaking the container (example bottle) would make it start glowing again)

Electrical Plant (could be a mutation of potato or a shroom) which when in a hydroponic tray, and full grown, provides a constant trickle of electricity, at cost of large ammounts of nutrients and water! In other words you can use it same as a generator, but due to low power output it provides just a bit more electricity than needed to power the lights and air system in a small room! (or the power it produces can depend on the potency of the plant which will make this even more useful, as a fully potent plant can be used instead of the weakest generator, even if it would be a bit weaker). Produce of this plant would be electrified, its electricity depending on potency, must be handled with isolated gloves, could be used as one-time use recharger/stunbaton. Its produce could be combined with a potato battery with some wires, to make a self-recharging battery of low capacity (useful for floodlights, makeshift lamps, and similar low consumption items...even stun gloves could use it as a normal potato batery however it would take time to fully recharge it!)

Wire-vine as the name suggest is a vine that is made out of wires... (could be a mutation of kudzu) perfect for assisting engineers with a renewable supply of wires! Unlike other vines this one would not spread out of the hydroponic tray, when harvested would give green wires depending on the yield of the plant!

Metal-Shroom (probably gonna steal the idea from other servers and let it be a mutation of tower cap shroom) basically a mushroom that yields metal sheets (or logs which when cut provide metal sheets) again useful for engineers especially if there are no miners and cargo!)

Improvized headlight - basically combine the makeshift light with some wire-cuffs, which allows ya to put it on yer head or head-wear! (light works as long as the battery has charge, so self-recharging potato battery lamps would be best for this)

Improvized acid battery - made out of metal sheets, rods, wires, and a large beaker with sulphuric acid in it (recipe could be full beaker of sulphuric acid + metal sheets, then welded, rods added , then wires, use screwdriver, then more metal sheets for the lid) a battery which is stronger than a potato battery but weaker than the weakest fabricated battery (preferably with enough capacity to charge a powered crossbow for example) useful when yer on the field or fabricator lost power, or simply the potato battery is too low capacity! (sprite can be simply grey coloured sprite from the fabricated battery)

mortar and pestle - made from wood or metal sheets (mortar) and rods (pestle) to be used as a makeshift grinder, with 50 capacity (or capacity of a small beaker) sorry if this already exists i didnt run into it!

ghetto centrifugal extractor- made from washing machines! washing machine would need to be modified with wires, metal sheets ,rods and large beaker. would basically be like any other chemical extractor...

metal smoking pipe - made from metal sheet and a rod which are welded together

improvised air generator - grenade casing and wires combined can be used for electrolysis if powered with a power source (like battery), however if they are combined with a beaker (or similar container), then they can hold a lot more liquids! combined with an oxygen tank they make a wearable oxygen generator (as long as there is water in the beaker, and power in the battery), it can also be put in a canister! (tank and canisters are for gas storage, beaker (or whatever other container was used) holds water) wery useful in combination with a self-recharging potato battery if ya want just enough oxygen for one person to survive on internals!

I would like to add that if there is no oxygen producing plant...make one...xenobotany could refill oxygen tanks that way, and if some crazy botanist manages to splice it so it spreads on station floor, with enough potency it can replace the air system, wery useful where there is no one experienced in atmospherics!
Also i found once a golden apple which had nutrients and gold in it... if there would be a way to obtain that apple with mutation would be nice, and a way to solidify that gold so science can use it (mostly robotics). Glowshrooms are basically radioactive shrooms with radium in it, but i think there should be a way to make it also provide uranium! scientists would love the resources for their machines!
i think we have plasma producing plants... (not 100%) would be nice if there was a way to solidify that plasma for the scientists (and engineers for the generators)
if i missed a resource science needs, inform me...considerin the mining doesnt work currently, and botany could be more interesting...not to mention it would be a renewable resource! (most botany ideas i mentioned here are more or less a collection of things i found on other servers)

please put your ideas here too!!!

Vuk Farkas

Back to top Go down

More Makeshift/Ghetto Items!!! Empty So many things, so few coders...

Post by doom12384 Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:27 am

SO MANY THINGS AND SO FEW CODERS AHHHHHH!
doom12384
doom12384

Back to top Go down

More Makeshift/Ghetto Items!!! Empty Re: More Makeshift/Ghetto Items!!!

Post by Vuk Farkas Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:37 am

Forgot to add farmbot should be better... like adding a grinder as an upgrade (like the one in kitchen) would enable it to grind one of the veggies/plants it harvested for nutrients (fertilizer) since currently it either doesn't fertilize at all or not enough! Especially useful for botanists when there is no science to upgrade the biogen, or someone stole the beaker from kitchen, or whatever... this way farming can be completely autonomous, letting botanists focus on more important things like mutations and genes! (i noticed that having a farmbot and not having one is a huuuge difference in productivity)

Vuk Farkas

Back to top Go down

Post by Vuk Farkas Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:38 am

If ya got coder shortage, how about ya teach me a bit and i can code this myself!

Vuk Farkas

Back to top Go down

Post by doom12384 Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:39 am

Vuk Farkas wrote:If ya got coder shortage, how about ya teach me a bit and i can code this myself!
We have (maybe) one coder and it is not me.
doom12384
doom12384

Back to top Go down

Post by Vuk Farkas Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:59 am

lasergun made outta some plasteel(frame), wires, battery(ies), metal sheet and rods(parts), plastic(with wires for fire mode modules), laser scalpel, capacitors, quality and number of parts dictates its performance (maximum of 4 laser scalpels, 6 capacitors, and 2 batteries). Can be modified or stripped at any time, and upgraded to have up to 4 fire modes (by adding or removing crafted parts, each part being one of the firemodes and all 4 can be on one gun): semi, auto, shotty (fires all built in lasers each draining its own needed energy) and laser welder/cutter as which can be used as a powered melee weapon or a tool (basically a blade, axe, and a welder combined). quality of the laser scalpels will dictate the power of the shot, their number will dictate fire rate (and in shotty mode number of shots fired at once) capacitors will dictate the continuous fire rate, and power available at a given moment (with their numbers and quality)(basically acting like a bottleneck unless upgraded with appropriate capacitors) they will be like secondary power storage, which must charge up enough before laser scalpel can drain required power to fire. Batteries will add more to power capacity of the gun and will be main power supply (basically allowing to use even potato batteries as powersource, even self-recharging ones, in which case you basically sacrifice ammo capacity for self-recharging)
parts for weapon fire modes are made out of plastic and wires (basically makeshift circuit boards) and all of them can be inserted into the gun
gun can be bagged or holstered/put in pockets
why capacitors and batteries? why add such complexity? simple because this is both tool and a weapon, which should inspire tinkering, inspire to learn science and engineering (and a bit of botany in case of potato based batteries) and yet allow to be suited for different playstyles, and aid mostly engineers who need to weld a lot. even with a weakest laser scalpel, a weakest capacitor and 2 potato self recharging batteries the welder/cutter fire mode would work (the potato batteries would recharge fast enough for non stop use) so it can be used for welding/cutting (basically a tool and a powered melee weapon) but even the single fire mode would require more capacitors to hold enough charge (at least 2 weakest capacitors) to fire. ordinary potato batteries would work also but they would allow up to 4 shots maximum before they are completely drained.
Availability of parts will dictate if the gun can be even made and how efficient it will be (considering plasteel and laser scalpers are notoriously hard to get, especially if mining and research didnt work) thus limiting the odds of a random griefer even making it, especially on a roundstart! Easy to make and use as a tool (and a melee weapon altho i think its easyer to nab a welder for that) but takes lot more effort to turn it into a ranged weapon (altho if maxed out/properly modified it can be an effective weapon, giving regular players that play for hours, somethin to help deal with toolboxing greys; example today 2 guys made a slaughterhouse in medbay, people that played for hours didn't have anythin to defend themselves with really...and ironically at least a third of griefers are skilled players)

Vuk Farkas

Back to top Go down

Post by izac112 Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:32 pm

Should probobly send your ideas up to the vore devs or polaris devs https://github.com/VOREStation/VOREStation and make feature requests
izac112
izac112

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackAce Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:02 pm

Like izac said, we only got me to code stuff and the only thing I add are fluff items (which are slightly broken on here heh) I can't afford the time to add any neat stuff Razz So your best bet is asking the polaris / vore devs
BlackAce
BlackAce
Admin

https://yw-s.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down