Yawn Wider Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Probably getting shot down, but what the hell. [CLOSED]

3 posters

Go down

Probably getting shot down, but what the hell. [CLOSED] Empty Probably getting shot down, but what the hell. [CLOSED]

Post by Zakumei47 Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:28 am

(Trial)Moderator Application Format:

How old are you: 18 years

How long have you been with Yawn Wider: been with Yawn since 2014, Yawn Wider since mid 2015

Have you been banned here before (include reason): Just once from the original Yawn Station for metagaming and being a fag (which looking back at, I can say I sorta earned), but never from the Yawn Wider station.

Why do you want to become a (Trial)Moderator: There's not a lot of mods and/or admins online whenever I am, and when I'm on, there seems to always be at least one grief for god knows what reason, never anyone to help thwart it and administer a ban or a kick.
I want to be a counter measure and try to help beat them back, as well as temper out of control players.
I have no interest in shitlering, I just want to help and make the station a fun and enjoyable place.

Do you have any prior experience (please list): I co hosted and was a primary administrator of 2 different mine-craft servers (both left because summer ended and I had to focus on school), once had a moderator position for a small time on a Team Fortress 2 server (left because of low player count and school).
Also,
If IRL experience counts for anything, I was a drill instructor in my high-school AFJROTC (aka: military discipline training for kiddos) class. Did well and [surprisingly] people liked me when I did it in all scenarios. I never abused power, and I never bullied, I just did what I could to hold up the law with reasonable .

P L E A S E   N O T E
I'd be an amenable to just having this position on the stipulation that my authority is stripped in the presence of another admin or moderator. I have no interest in being a full time mod, I just want to be able to help the station when shit goes south like sherman and someone like Byond, Dawi, Matt, or Black isnt on to help (which happens surprisingly frequently).
When there's no administration present, the long time members of the server are forced to break rules and metagame in some shape or form in order to reclaim the station and keep things from getting worse. Its not a fun situation, and by trying to help the station in this manner, they run the risk of having an administrator come online at a bad time, jumping to conclusions, and being punished when they only wanted to help.
I want to be an enforcer, not an ass.

If anyone wants to contact me privately to discuss the matter or give me any thoughts they have on the topic, my Skype is Zakumei47, and my steam is Zking47.
Just send me the word "Pinapple Penis" so I know where you got the contact from.
Zakumei47
Zakumei47

Back to top Go down

Probably getting shot down, but what the hell. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Probably getting shot down, but what the hell. [CLOSED]

Post by Zakumei47 Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:50 am

Couldn't help but notice no one has written anything on this topic yet.
Is that a hint I should be taking?
Zakumei47
Zakumei47

Back to top Go down

Probably getting shot down, but what the hell. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Probably getting shot down, but what the hell. [CLOSED]

Post by Unleashed Mana Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:30 pm

I'm going to give an honest vote:

No.

We've had multiple issues with you in the past. You also failed to mention your CMO ban. That still counts as a ban. You are rude and disrespectful of other players, get angry at admins who are just doing their job for being 'annoying,' and have been caught metagaming and breaking rules in the past.
Unleashed Mana
Unleashed Mana

Back to top Go down

Post by Zakumei47 Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:20 am

UM, I appreciate your feedback and think you make a valid point, but I have a large capacity for change and emotional malleability, so I hope the other admins will give their input on the matter.

also

*B U M P*
Zakumei47
Zakumei47

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackAce Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:32 pm

I'm on the same boat as Mana here, you easily get upset whenever your character gets wounded during any sort of event and then complaint that the staff is not doing their job and so on. And honestly that's not the kind of attitude I'd like to see from the team. So I will have to say no to this app, sorry.
BlackAce
BlackAce
Admin

https://yw-s.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Zakumei47 Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:10 am

Ah. well, cant blame a guy for trying.
again, i wouldn't ask if i didnt think i could do a half decent job. but so be it. your server.
Zakumei47
Zakumei47

Back to top Go down

Post by Zakumei47 Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:36 am

I do want to address that statement though.

BlackAce wrote:you easily get upset whenever your character gets wounded during any sort of event and then complaint that the staff is not doing their job and so on. .

When i DO get upset, its not without reason. I've been operating under the understanding that this is a hard-medium rp server.
To me, that means, no one griefs, and if someone does, they get shut down hard. Yet it seems that on many an occasion (most recently, the horseshit with the wrestlers overwhelming the heads and raiding the armory, and the Forrest Gump incident where one HoP incapacitated over 4 personnel and set one on fire), that not only are staff and personnel not ADDRESSING issues, but often times even facilitating the issue and even giving a green light for players to take on head positions only to subsequently harass and cause issues, only to call it "an unofficial event".
Allowing one person to be antag without announcing it or even mentioning it OOC, is like assigning a due date for a project no one was even aware they were participating in. In both situations you confuse and irritate the individuals, and in both cases, some random asshole is going to cause you trouble due to some under-the-table agreement that no one even was aware of.
Its not fun to play a round like that, because its either completely pointless, or at least one person is left unhappy that their game was jerked to a halt and resulted in an incapacitated or dead character (which i find it hard to believe that, given the fact that this is ROLE PLAYING, im the only one devoted and emotionally invested in my character enough to be upset when they are killed at random).
Don't get me wrong though, I like events. I honestly love the good ones. Like the DOOM parody one? that was loads of fun.
or even some of the lighter admin abuse, like when Soviets would spawn, or Syndicate thugs had to be kneecapped.
the common denominator? NPC fights. Team cooperation, and clear goals and regimented objectives.
Events like those are cool and loads of fun for everyone! There's clear effort, there's planning and most importantly, everyone knows whats going on, so there's a clear goal-oriented direction for the RP to take on, but with a unique and open route on the way to aforementioned goal.
Disorganized and directionless rp is simply bad.
Bad rp = sad rp.
Zakumei47
Zakumei47

Back to top Go down

Post by Zakumei47 Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:43 am

I guess what I'm saying here, is that this isn't the level of RP professionality and straight-faced liniar play im used to or accustomed to, so naturally, yes, I get upset quite often when expectations aren't met. In reality, that's probably my fault for trying to hold others in a preexisting system to my foreign standards.
I by no means am trying to EXCUSE my behavior in such a statement by the way, I merely want to explain why it may seem that I have the same cuddly, delightful charm and affability of a rabid porcupine high on angel dust the majority of the time on the server.
If you caught me in a different server you'd likely catch me in a better mood too. Simply because I do better in more serious RP's where people behave more maturely and take the story more to heart.
Zakumei47
Zakumei47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down